The snow just keeps coming this morning. I woke up with a head full of snot (sexy right, I just can't kick this head cold!) and the morning drive left my fists white... but at least it looks pretty! Are any of you getting hit by the crazy snow storm across the country?
I hate this tease of sunshine and a warmer day, only to arise the next morning to inches of snow. Sinuses are not happy. It's time for a vacation. That's where you come in !
We're planning a vacation in April and we're stumped on a location. We originally thought that we'd try the Florida Keys, since neither one of us have been there before; Kyle could fish all week and I could exercise, relax, catch up on the book club reads and drink a few margaritas. However, now were doubting if we will enjoy it that time of year - considering it is spring break for a lot of people. I
have little desire (make that NO desire) to be surrounded by crazy college kids doing white t-shirt contests. Yikes.
Since we only have about 5 days, the locations are limited. (i.e. we don't want to spend an entire day flying to the Mediterranean) Somewhere in this region would be nice:
Our list is pretty short and sweet:
- Fishing must be available (I'll give you one guess as to who made that a necessity)
- Sunshine, A LOT of sunshine
- Shorter flight, around a half day of travel
- Fun things to do to - scuba diving, parasailing, snorkeling, hiking, mopeds, site seeing, exploring local areas, etc etc...
- Not super secluded because we love meeting people on trips
- We'd prefer to not stay at an all inclusive resort (we rented a car on the second day of our honeymoon because we felt so secluded!). We're also up for renting a house/condo,
- Not overly tourist-y
Thank you, in advance, for any input! We really value our time away together, and being able to enjoy and discover new parts of the world (there's little I love more than that!).